top of page
  • Writer's pictureDefender Nava

Ask Defender Nava: I'm accused of sexual assault of an intoxicated person, should I talk to the cop?

No. Do not talk to the police without a lawyer. Usually, by the time the police want to talk to you, they have already made their decision to arrest you. Police can spin the innocent statements to use them against you, especially in cases involving sexual assaults. Sometimes, the police can't even prove that their was a sexual act in these cases. Even if you get arrested, that does not mean that the charges will hold up in court. Hire an experienced criminal defense attorney like me before speaking to the police.

52 views0 comments


bottom of page